ONLY ONE STATEMENT IS TRUE. Which one?
- At least one of the four Gospel writers said Jesus was nailed to the cross.
- An Olympic champion swimmer can beat a Nile crocodile in a 50-meter race.
- Apostle Paul, who told Timothy not to let women speak in church at Ephesus, was a married man.
- Abortion is not a topic specifically mentioned in the Bible.
Yeah, let’s start the weekend getting in trouble.
The correct answer is number four.
Though the Bible frowns on murder, there’s no specific mention of abortion. And abortions were taking place in Roman times, when Jesus ministered. If he addressed the topic, none of the writers picked up on it. Because there is no mention of abortion, the Bible doesn’t link abortion to murder.
Early Christian leaders, however, did declare abortion wrong.
As for 1-3:
- Thomas presumed Jesus was nailed to the cross, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands” (John 20:24 NLT). But he may have been somewhere hiding during the crucifixion. “The disciples scattered. They all ran away, deserting him” (Matthew 26:56 Casual English Bible).
- A Nile croc swims about twice as fast as the fastest Olympic champion, about 9 mph (15 km).
- Paul was a bachelor. Surprise.