GOLD MEDALLION FINALIST
...judged by the Evangelical Christian Publisher’s Association as one of the top five Bible study books in the nation.
This is the commentary edition of How to Get Into the Bible--the text without the illustrations.
Everyday Understanding is a fast-paced, action-packed, scene-driven look at the main characters, stories, and teachings of all 66 books in the Bible.
Tag-teaming with the reader-friendly Contemporary English Version, this book helps even newcomers to the Bible get on board quickly.
Everyday Understandinglets you start anywhere in the Bible and understand it. There’s no tripping over religious jargon. You’ll quickly discover why the Bible is the most engaging book ever written. You’ll discover how real to life and surprisingly relevant it is to your life.
Everyday Understanding shows you the broad, sweeping panorama of the biblical story. It takes you book by book from Genesis to Revelation, adding informative features such as:
- Big Scenes, the main events in the Bible
- Starring Roles, a look at the leading characters
- Plot, the story in a nutshell
- What to Look For, the crucial insights you don’t want to miss
- Famous Lines, phrases you may already know, but didn’t know they came from the Bible
- Bible Timelines, happenings in the Bible world and the rest of the world
When you read the Bible, do you find comprehension or confusion?
Look inside Everyday Understanding and find the big picture. The book opens with the thirty biggest headlines from the Biblical narrative. Then, walks you step by step through the who, what, where, when, and why of each book. In a few short pages, you’ll begin to understand how the Bible fits together into a whole. Maps, charts, and illustrations help you make sense of:
- Angels, villains, and heroes
- Miracles, tools, and weapons
- Towns, cities, and nations
- Days, weeks, and years
- Everyday Understanding prepares you to read the Bible on your own with insight and comprehension.
Everyday Understanding. Because Faith Grows Day by Day.
Other titles in this series include:
Everyday Living: Bible Life and Times-Experience the Bible
Everyday Understanding: Your Bible Handbook-Read the Bible with insight
Everyday Access: Your Bible Concordance-Find something in the Bible
Everyday Relevance: Your Bible Commentary-Apply the Bible to your life