TIME FOR A SPIRITUAL GUT CHECK.
• Upper respiratory infection. A tenor, I can now sing lower than Johnny Cash. And he’s dead.
• 10 degrees outside. And Buddy the Dog still wants me to walk him. Let’s wait till noon.
• Computer fussy. I heard a squealing. Then a scraping like fingers on a chalkboard. One of four fans inside my computer died; another is coughing. The computer shuts down when it gets warm. New fans coming by Friday. Guess what I get to do on Saturday.
• Toilet tank cracked. It’s in the guest room. It’s just a few bucks more to replace the entire toilet. The system is rigged. Clear down to the toilets.
• Hot water tank leaking? I found water under there. I sopped it up. Now I keep looking for new water, trying to see if it came from the tank or from the humidifier on the furnace.
• Book complication. The good news is that the book in process got upgraded from black and white to color…after I submitted the book to the publisher. The bad news is that now we have to figure out how to get the maps that I created for printing in black and white optimized for color. I have already talked with the editor a couple of times about this, and I can assure you that neither of us has cussed while on the phone. (Nor did I cuss afterward. I took a shot of strong coffee, though.)
So here I am, looking for a holy thought to turn the corner on this week.
We’re getting dumped on from all directions. But we’re not squashed.
We’re confused as all get out. But we’re not done thinkin’.
We’re getting hounded to high heaven. But they haven’t caught us yet, thank God.
We’re getting knocked on our keister. But darned if we don’t bounce.