A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN, Psalm 13 seems to perfectly express what we’ve come to think about Friday the 13th.
At least the first few verses do.
The last verse, however, reflects what I think about Friday the 13th.
That’s the day I met my wife, at a church singles “bad-luck turnabout party.”
A few months earlier, my girlfriend of over a year had traded me in for a baldheaded insurance salesman. Last I heard, they had 13 kids. No kidding.
Thanks be to God.
Psalm 13, “Anybody up there?”
- 1. Stop it, God. Right now. Stop ignoring me. How long are you going to keep this up? Till pigs fly?
- 2. I’ve got a gut load of trouble and it’s making me sick. How much sicker do you want me to get?
- 3. Look at me when I’m talking to you. Answer me. I’ve got nothing left. The lights are going out.
- 4. Don’t let darkness win. Don’t let the troublemakers destroy me and then post a YouTube video to brag about it.
- 5. I’m counting on you. I know your love hasn’t given up on me. And I’m not giving up on you.
- 6. I expect to be singing when you get me out of this fix.
Steve’s Bible Translation
Random book winner this week
I give away one free book a week to a randomly selected subscriber to my free blog and quarterly newsletter.
Rebecca is random this week.