I’M WRITING THIS on Saturday morning, for posting on Monday morning’s blog.
At the moment, I’m strugging with prioritizing my to-do list.
Vacuuming the house was the no-brainer for top of the list.
That’s because my wife took Buddy the Dog for a walk after breakfast.
Buddy is to the vacuum cleaner what God is to sin. Buddy has nothing good to say about it. And he says it a lot.
Second on the list: write this blog because it’s my most immediate deadline.
Third: write the email newsletter for release on Monday morning, to announce the free Kindle book download I’m making available from Monday through Wednesday, along with some other giveaways.
I’m still thinking about what to do after that.
On the list of possibilities:
- Write books. I have 2 due by the end of next year, and a third straight-to-digital project I’m eager to finish.
- Read galleys. I just received galleys for The Complete Guide to the Bible, Student Edition coming out in June. I have to work through those 256 pages by December 21.
- Judge Bible reference books. I have a stack of Bible reference books to read for a Christian publishing contest I help judge.
- Read books. I have a couple of books that I’d like to read for a little background on something I’m writing. The books: The Most Misused Verses in the Bible, by Eric J. Bargerhuff, and Homosexuality and the Christian, by Mark A. Yarhouse.
- Create wedding video. My daughter child asked me to create a video of her and her hubby-to-be for their upcoming wedding. It’s a blast working on this.
- Learn to dance. See above. Think father/daughter slow dance. I grew up in a church that said dancing was sinful. I know better now. What I don’t know is how to dance. But I’m determined to get my boogy down.
I believe I can do all of this, eventually.
To paraphrase a wise writer:
For everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under heaven.
A time to write,
a time to read.
A time to vacuum,
a time to boogy.
Leave a Reply