PARDON ME for returning to my video What Romans said about crucifixion, but I’ve spent many hours this week sorting through cuss words and name-calling in around 1,000 comments posted on my YouTube channel about this particular video and about Christians, in general.
The video seemed to strike a nerve. It has had a quarter of a million views so far.
Many people expressed their kindness to me and their gratitude to Jesus for what he went through on the Cross.
Many others, however, attacked Jesus (as someone who never existed), Christianity (as stupid), me (as too darn good looking), and the Christians who typed kind comments (as idiots, cowards, and sick souls in need of the shock therapy of multisyllabic swear words).
I published some of the milder complaints Tuesday, in What critics said about my Crucifixion video.
I thought you might enjoy some of the kinder comments from the past 24 hours. I know I did. But let me tell you, I had to wade through hip-deep manure to get to them.
That’s okay. I have hip waders I use for fly-fishing.
- “I hope your Mummy does not read all the comments, but just counts the thumbs up!”—Rita Thomson [Me, too, Rita. Mummy, don’t read that stuff. You’re a redhead, and it’ll just mess with you. —Steve]
- “Just want to thank you Lord Jesus for saving my soul, dying on the cross for my sins, and loving me as your son.” —Johnny Williams
- “Thanks. I didn’t know that the Romans wrote about the crucifixion.” —Isaac Angen
- “Thank you for your gentle yet very real presentation of what Christ endured.” —Karen Carlson
- “This is the second video I’ve watched Stephen (I actually subscribed after first one because I cried half way through, and I felt God was prompting me to support you.) I cried here too, maybe moved by your benign and pointed humour. We do forgot that the Lord Jesus was a revolutionary, the Jews then generally had considerably fallen from God’s standards.” —Rob Aston
- “Thank you for the look into history. It’s good to compare history with scripture and see these comparisons. Pretty amazing.” —John Black
- “Awesome. I want more! God bless you and those who thumbs down it. You are in my prayers…Be full of grace.” —Brenda Alexander
- “Reading through these [mean] comments brings home the fact and my gratitude that no matter what people may say, Jesus Messiah defeated the adversary on the cross at Calvary. Once and for all. And there is nothing anyone can do about that. Say what you want. But remember the last words Jesus spoke before He gave His life for us, ‘It is finished.’ And thanks be to God, I share in that victory!” —Crusaders for Christ
- “I really must say, this was the best succinct video about the crucifixion of Christ I have ever seen…You are a master communicator and I think I am going to see what else you got.” —The Christian Cowboy [And no, I am not the Christian Cowboy. —Steve]
Blog subscribers who win books this week
- James Mattox
- Kathy Cook
I give away free books every week to randomly selected subscribers to my free blog or my quarterly newsletter.
Note to the two winners: send me an email and I’ll give you the full list of books from which you can choose.
The deal’s good for a month, or for as long as I have giveaway books available.