SOME DAYS STINK. I have days like that.
I thought, why not get ready for it.
I’ll put a psalm in my pocket for a rotten stinker of a day.
A stinker of a day that involves people in my face.
Yeah, I’ll do that.
How about an excerpt from the Double Nickel Psalm:
1. God, I need you to hear me. Don’t ignore me.
2. Please listen. I need your help. I can’t take it anymore. I can’t focus.
3. I’ve got people angry at me – screaming. They won’t let up. They stalk me and terrorize me.
4. My heart feels like it’s beating itself to death. This is killing me.
5. I’m terrified. Literally, I’m shaking – living a horror story.
6. I’ll tell you this, “If I had a ticket to fly, I’d be relaxing by now.
7. “I wouldn’t stop until I got so far away you’d need a mountain man to find me.” Hallelujah.
22. Toss your troubles to the LORD. He’s got your back. He’s not going to let this drag you down. (Psalm 55:1-7, 22 Steve’s Bible Translation)
Good to know.
[…] I KNEW I HAD A TOUGH WEEK AHEAD when I wrote the blog article: Psalm for one tough day. […]