AT THE END of a beautiful week, I am thankful to God for a bunch of things.
I’ll mention a few.
But first, I thought I would check out what folks were thanking God for in the Bible.
Thanks in the Bible
Here’s what some Bible folks thanked God for:
- “We thank you, O God! We give thanks because you are near,” (Psalm 75:1, NLT).
- “You changed my sorrow into dancing,” (Psalm 30:11, NCV).
- “His love never quits,” (Psalm 136:2, The Message).
- “Jesus picked up a cup of wine and gave thanks to God,” (Matthew 26:27, CEV).
- “Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God,” —Paul (Philippians 1:3, NLT).
- “I ask you to pray for everyone. Ask God to help and bless them all, and tell God how thankful you are for each of them,” (1 Timothy 2:1, CEV).
- “Lord God All-Powerful, you are and you were, and we thank you,” (Revelation 11:17, CEV).
Thanks from Steve
Here’s what I’m thanking God for at the moment:
- The chance to get my whole family and some of my best friends together for a Father’s Day barbecue after church on Sunday.
- Buddy the Dog seems to be feeling better.
- That my son and future son-in-law are finally going to get a chance to golf together; they’ll enjoy it.
- That my daughter is wrapping up her last clinical rotation, and is headed toward certification as a nurse practitioner.
- The beautiful weather we’ve had this week. We’ve had so much rain throughout the spring.
- That I have work to do, books to write, and the joy of life in doing it.